Personal data processing at FiCom ry
- Finnish Federation for Communications and Teleinformatics FiCom ry
- Eteläranta 10, 00130 Helsinki
2. How we use the personal data
FiCom ry processes personal data for the following purposes
- performing membership services as well as rights and obligations related to them,
- cooperation with stakeholders,
- organizing and marketing FiCom’s events
- operating websites and
- answering questions left on our web site
3. Stakeholders relevant to FiCom ry include
- persons working for member companies
- decision-makers and representatives of authorities
- contact persons belonging to cooperation network communities
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
The primary purpose of the register is to enable serving our member companies and their representatives. The purpose of the personal data gathered from stakeholders is to enable communication.
The register is also used for the organizing and marketing of FiCom’s events, seminars and trainings.
We collect personal information from officials, media representatives, politicians and other stakeholders. This information is used for stakeholder communication (eg newsletters) and for sending invitations to events on a case-by-case basis.
Data related to stakeholders to be processed include their contact details and position at the organization as well as their dietary restrictions, when applicable, in connection with events to be organized. We collect data directly from data subjects or from public sources, such as organization websites and professional publications.
With regard to our website, we receive information on the IP address, browser and type of device (mobile device/computer) used. This information is used as statistics and not linked to any individual users.
5. Who processes the data
FiCom ry considers personal data as confidential information. The personal data collected may be processed manually or automatically by authorised employees of FiCom ry.
We can transfer data to our chosen cooperation partners in order for them to process the data, for instance, for the following purposes
- maintaining information systems,
- sending newsletters,
- event marketing and organization,
- invoicing and
- statistical analysis of website use and improving the user experience.
FiCom ry verifies that parties processing data on its behalf are committed to compliance with data protection regulations and ensuring the information security of their systems. Data processors are only granted access to the information necessary for performing their assigned tasks.
Our database is located within the European Union. No data is used for automated decision-making, such as profiling.
6. Retention of personal data
Your data are only processed for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was gathered. We do our best to keep the data up to date. Obsolete and invalid data will be deleted. The personal information of member companies’ contact persons will be changed and/or deleted based on the member companies’ own announcement.
FiCom ry will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
The information collected for organizing and marketing FiCom’s events will be kept as long as they are necessary and up-to-date. The data will be deleted when they are no longer needed for the original purpose.
7. Data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights
- You have the right to access, rectify or erase your data.
- You have the right to know if personal data is being processed, as well as what type of data is processed and on what legal grounds.
- In addition, you have the right to have your data rectified and erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data, for instance for marketing purposes, insofar as our legitimate interests form the grounds for processing your personal data.
- You can restrict the processing of your data.
- You have the right to data portability, i.e. you can transfer your data to another controller.
- You can lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Ombudsman.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing messages or newsletters. All marketing messages and newsletters include the option to opt out of the subscription. You may also cancel your subscription by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org